my hsr on ebay again

Buy or Sell Chevette/GM things.

Moderator: Moderators

my hsr on ebay again

Postby hsrmark » 25 Jan 2009, 16:28

hello just wondered if anyone remembers this car
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Chevette ... 240%3A1318

i sold this car about 3 years ago on ebay and was surprised to see it an sale again :shock:

dosnt look if much has been done to to the paint and body work,but presume the rusty /corroded sills have been replaced.as had an mot at sometime

looking forward to your comments
mark
hsrmark
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby HSs rule the road » 25 Jan 2009, 22:42

Hello mark i was looking at this car so were you the previous owner then? What kind of condition is it underneath that kit? Is it worth the kind of money its up to at the mo £7750? :? :wink:
HSs rule the road
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby hsrmark » 26 Jan 2009, 00:18

the hsr was in fairly good condition,but both outer sills were in very poor condition and needed replacement,both doors had very bad rust on the lower part of the door skins,the floor pan and inner sills was showing early stages of rust but nothing too serious.the bulkhead behind the dash/just above the pedal box underneath the battery tray had serious rust and needed some major repair work,the car was stripped back to metal when it was repainted,it was done because the paint had gone like crazy paving due to many paint layers .some of the body kit had to be changed as it had been repaired so many times in the past,but the bonnet and tailgate are oridginal.when the car was stripped back to the metal ,most of the panels were ok and fairly straight,bit this was in 1992 :shock:

mark
hsrmark
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby HSs rule the road » 26 Jan 2009, 08:16

So you goin to buy it back mark? Its doin some strong money at the mo good chance there are some scary things to be seen then under the skin its a chevette after all and we all know how much they suffer with the tin worm :roll: :( :wink:
HSs rule the road
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Shellysowner » 26 Jan 2009, 11:07

At the end of the day the high price isn't really for the shell though is it? A fairly mint hatch can be had for circa a grand and the HSR can be re-shelled into it. Obviously if you're planning to do that then 8k is a lot of money but with only 34 cars ever in existence and only a handful (12 or so... DSG people?) left I guess its all about supply and demand. I don't really know what a mint HSR would be worth these days... £12kish?
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby HSs rule the road » 26 Jan 2009, 21:26

I recon this will end up at that to be honest so a minter must be 18k! I know what you mean about re shell but that means by the time you have done all that this will be a 25grand motor or the cost of anyways.There are alot of nice cars out there for that money but i guess not as rare as this! :wink:
HSs rule the road
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby hsrmark » 26 Jan 2009, 22:24

hi again :D
i dont think i shall be buying it back ,i reckon its going to make 10k +, as its not the shell your buying but a peace of classic motor sport history.these cars are very rare these days and the chance to buy one even rarer.so should be very interesting to see what it will make and how desperate people will be to get it,the seller has said that there was 504 people watching the auction :shock: .
hsrmark
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby bones » 26 Jan 2009, 23:05

There was a HSR over here on the island in the paper for sale for about 5k, it could do with a fair bit of work doing to it but the guy has been selling it for the last 5 years, when I looked at it a few years ago he wanted 4k. The guy wasn't that bothered whether he sold it or not as he has a good collection of cars and I dare say he has a few quid in the bank and doesn't need to sell it.
bones
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby hsrmark » 27 Jan 2009, 08:33

heres the links to the pics in the gallery of the car
http://www.chevettes.com/imagebrowse/1781
http://www.chevettes.com/imagebrowse/1782
http://www.chevettes.com/imagebrowse/1783

this was about 6 years before i sold it
hsrmark
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie