Spot Lamp Brackets

Useful links to parts suppliers & services.
Please state the topic of the link in the title...

Moderator: Moderators

Spot Lamp Brackets

Postby Daishag » 09 Dec 2007, 09:21

Does any know of a company that makes Spot Lamp Brackets to suit the HS style front bumper / spoiler on the Chevette preferbly in Alloy but any will do.

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07835971713
If aint sideways you are'nt trying hard enough.
Daishag
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Gordo » 09 Dec 2007, 10:08

Any reason you can't just pick up a strip of alloy and bend up your own, to your own design?
If you need any welding, there must be a welder in the area with a TIG that'll do it for a few bob.
ttfn

Gordo
Gordo
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Daishag » 11 Dec 2007, 23:15

Just looked at a picture of an ex works Grp4 Chevette HS in Graham Robson's Rally library Book on the Chevette HS and HSR and onpage 36 it shows the original Alloy 2 up 2 down brackets on the front of AVE 345 V and as you say it only a piece of approx 3" wide flat alloy bar bent to profile the front panel / bumper and then to horizontal with a piece welded at a right angle underneath that will bolt through the orginal bumper brackets so looking at it, they will be really easy to make as i got an Alloy welder in Work.

Daishag
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Daishag » 17 Dec 2007, 19:56

Take a look at these knocked these up on Sunday with a couple of bits of 100mm wide Alloy plate bentto shape for the top (5mm thick) and some 40mm Alloy angle (5mm thick) to bolt through the bumper mount and then the spot lamps them selves bolt the two together.
If i say so my self they look damn close to the afore mentioned works style mounts pictured in Graham Robson's Rally Library book on the Chevette HS, HSR.

Daishag
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Shoveitpusher » 18 Dec 2007, 12:37

Dai old chap
couldn't make another set could you? they do look the dogs danglies!!
Peter C
Shoveitpusher
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Daishag » 18 Dec 2007, 17:58

Yeah not a problem, not sure if i will be able to get hold of the Alloy Plate and angle until after Xmas though if thats all right. I will price up the Alloy to make the brackets then add a couple of hundred quid for labour (only jooking) and will let you know roughly how much they will be before i go any further if thats OK, only took a coupleof hrs to make em with a trail run in steel 1st so i reckon 30 plus material costs will cover it.

Daishag
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

spot lamp brackets

Postby kevin dog norman » 18 Dec 2007, 21:29

hi there i have a set of works spots lamp both type for group 4 kit and the hsr kit, i brought this from gerry johnson quite a few years ago ! they are made from 8mm alloy plate same stuff as the works sump guards and can take up to 2 lamps per bracket.

any one need any ifo let me know :)

thanks
kevin
kevin dog norman
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Shoveitpusher » 26 Dec 2007, 09:41

Daishag wrote:Yeah not a problem, not sure if i will be able to get hold of the Alloy Plate and angle until after Xmas though if thats all right. I will price up the Alloy to make the brackets then add a couple of hundred quid for labour (only jooking) and will let you know roughly how much they will be before i go any further if thats OK, only took a coupleof hrs to make em with a trail run in steel 1st so i reckon 30 plus material costs will cover it.

that'll be great Dai
Peter C
Shoveitpusher
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Return to Suppliers Links