Shelly 2007

Has your pride `n` joy been for it`s test? Tell the world about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shelly 2007

Postby Shellysowner » 13 Sep 2007, 16:30

Passed! What a stupid/stressful time of year to have my MOT, just before the National. Ho hum. What I am absolutely delighted with though is the advisory item on the certificate:

"Vehicle has been lowered, minimal damping on front and minimal clearance between wing and tyre"

(what they actually mean by 'minimal damping' by the way, the bloke explained, is that she's not far off the bump stops)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Last edited by Shellysowner on 13 Sep 2007, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby pbottomley » 13 Sep 2007, 16:37

I dont know what you are worried about Ralph, the car is so good , I expect the MOT man needed sunglasses to lessen the shine and a coffee to calm down with after seeing such a nice example after :)
pbottomley

Postby Shellysowner » 13 Sep 2007, 16:41

pbottomley wrote:I dont know what you are worried about Ralph, the car is so good , I expect the MOT man needed sunglasses to lessen the shine and a coffee to calm down with after seeing such a nice example after :)

Aww shucks, thanks Bottomley. Unfortunately the nice MOT man of last year wasn't there and this one was done by the rather gruff and uncaring owner of the test centre. However, driving around today a bloke in a van beamed a huge grin when he saw me drive past and when I was leaving Sainsburys car park I heard a bloke say "Wow! Look at that old Chevette". If only Shelly had that effect on pretty girls :lol:
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner

Postby BamOpel » 13 Sep 2007, 18:02

Congratulations ! :lol: Hooray for Shelly :lol:

BAM
Drive it like you mean it !!
BamOpel
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist