Immaculate 45K miler for sale(FREE Henna Red doors+interior)

Buy or Sell Chevette/GM things.

Moderator: Moderators

Immaculate 45K miler for sale(FREE Henna Red doors+interior)

Postby UpNorth » 17 Oct 2006, 19:08

Evening All, after an eventful journey this morning I've decided to let my immaculate 2 owner Henna Red 4 door saloon go. Just MOT'ed last Monday. There's a slight scuff to the rear end which I think will polish out. I was hoping for £800 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Any takers?!?!?

Anyhow - in seriousness I'm intending stripping-off the decent parts for my own 'stock'. However I don't want either the immaculate doors or interior (which is okay except for the broken drivers seat) - they are FREE to anyone who wants to COLLECT them (postcode DL6) in the next week or so before I scrap the old girl. Anyone interested let me know.
Anyone have a 6R4 for sale? Unfortunately I've only got £1K spare but I could throw in a few eggs to sweeten the deal!
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 17 Oct 2006, 19:37

Oh, man, what happened!!! :cry:
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby Shellysowner » 17 Oct 2006, 19:43

Ouch! What happened mate - I take it you're ok otherwise you wouldn't be posting jovial messages about it on the forum!!!
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby pbottomley » 17 Oct 2006, 20:12

Blimey !!! Are you stripping engine and box out ? is it auto or manaul ?
pbottomley

Postby Clara » 17 Oct 2006, 20:29

Dash it Paul you Vulture! I know a car that would appriciate the engine and box if you're getting rid!
Clara
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby UpNorth » 17 Oct 2006, 20:49

Shuvit-pinto wrote:Oh, man, what happened!!! :cry:

Basically, some tosspot was on an unlit pushbike in the pitch dark this morning on an unlit country road. I'm on a dead straight old Roman road doing about 70 when 25yds ahead I see the vague figure of someone falling into the middle of the road - resulting in me panic braking and turning the wheel, unfortunately at this point I became a passenger!
At 90degrees I knew I was in trouble. At 180degree I remember thinking "this is gonna f***in' hurt". At 270 degrees I bounced off the inside grass bank of a 3' ditch & thought "Christ - at least I'm conscious!". Finally came to rest at exactly 360 degrees where I broke the OSF wing/lamp etc against a signpost.

What a friggin' day :evil: . It's 15 years since I last had a smash & the annoying thing is the car WAS immaculate & when I bought it at the end of May I promised the owner I'd take good care of it :roll: I liked the car so much (it was such an anti-fashion statement) that I used it regularly putting 6500 miles - but was going to park it up for winter in the next fortnight!
Anyone have a 6R4 for sale? Unfortunately I've only got £1K spare but I could throw in a few eggs to sweeten the deal!
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby pbottomley » 17 Oct 2006, 21:00

Yes I am a vulture, but of we ever going to get Soapbox going we need some nice parts Clara... Ohh hang on this is chuvits isnt it!

No seriously let is know what the score if with the car and whats on it, I might be able to use the engine in Clara's HA, Ralph you know the car ... and thanks for the filters, will do the trick a treat TA.

:D :D

Might and or should be put to realy good useage
pbottomley

Postby Doive » 18 Oct 2006, 08:57

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Man, what a shame. Makes me want to cry. Beautiful car.

*Sigh*

Well, I'll take the doors and interior if you aren't wanting them, seeing as they are identical to my car. I can be down some evening next week, or better still next saturday 28th. You wanting panels like the wings and bonnet? What is the front bumper like? I'll take more or less whatever you don't want, apart from anything that anyone else already has their dibs on. Sadly I don't have space to store the car, otherwise I would have taken the whole thing.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby jifop » 18 Oct 2006, 13:41

:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
Before you say anything..... no i cant spell or type!

The post above is my own personal opinion, it is not meant to upset or cause offence, if it does bugger off.

Tim
jifop
Rust Junkie
Rust Junkie

Postby CancerWagon » 18 Oct 2006, 16:51

Ouch. At least you survived it all, and by the look of it, drove home too. :)

May I possibly get the "chevette" badge from the boot lid? :twisted:
Chris W.
Drifting in a 55 hp Diesel... what?
"Erfolg durch Qualität."
CancerWagon
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby shuvit-tim » 18 Oct 2006, 19:56

crumbs. glad you're ok though, at the end of the day it's only metal - even a chevette - well maybe not if it was a HS :lol: .... anyway, where was I?

Planning on getting another straight away?
when all else fails, rivets, cable ties and bodge tape will see you through

Tim
shuvit-tim
Tight arsed, ex-Stoodant Chevetter
Tight arsed, ex-Stoodant Chevetter

Postby UpNorth » 19 Oct 2006, 19:37

Doive wrote:Well, I'll take the doors and interior if you aren't wanting them, seeing as they are identical to my car. I can be down some evening next week, or better still next saturday 28th. You wanting panels like the wings and bonnet? What is the front bumper like? I'll take more or less whatever you don't want, apart from anything that anyone else already has their dibs on. Sadly I don't have space to store the car, otherwise I would have taken the whole thing.

DOIVE - if you definately want the bits you've said do a reply here & I'll PM you my details. I'm intending stripping it this weekend & getting the carcass lifted on Monday (I've a scrappy 300yds from home) so I need to know exactly what bits you want when/if we speak.
A 28/10 collection looks fine by me. I'm keeping the N.S. wing & lamp + the bonnet purely as spares - I'm also stripping the engine of its ancilleries for my stock. Unfortunately the bumper's useless & the drivers wing is dented at the front. However if you want it let me know.
You are more than welcome to the rear bumper & bootlid though. :lol: :lol:

UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby UpNorth » 19 Oct 2006, 19:41

CancerWagon wrote:May I possibly get the "chevette" badge from the boot lid? :twisted:

Are you serious???
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 19 Oct 2006, 20:54

can i have the rear suspension turrets :?:
i'd also like to double skin the front shock absorber top mounts so could you chisel those off as well (preferably chisel a good amount of the area of the panels they are spot welded to as i'm not sure how much of an overlap there is). :)
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 19 Oct 2006, 21:26

Are you going to save the front panel if not I will have it along with the wish bones and front stub axles.

Has it got a lamy screen or are you keeping that?
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby UpNorth » 19 Oct 2006, 23:10

Keep it coming because early Saturday morning is the last time I'll look before the car's gone.
Most of the stuff should be okay as I'll utilise the angle grinder to 'carve' out the required bits.
I don't want a penny for the bits but I assume you've all thought about the postage (I assume only a couple of quid per person) unless DOIVE is collecting for you?
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby CancerWagon » 19 Oct 2006, 23:43

Very yes! :lol:

All the badges in N/A look all square-ish with a lower case "c" or the older swirly cursive wrighting type. I'd like to get a OEM but still unique badge for the hatch of the car I'm fixing up.

I can send you the few quid for the post costs and your troubles. :D

The front left lower front suspension arm would be nice, but I think the one on the car now can be welded up okay, and also probably cost way too much to post off to Canada land.

Are you serious???
Chris W.
Drifting in a 55 hp Diesel... what?
"Erfolg durch Qualität."
CancerWagon
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby UpNorth » 20 Oct 2006, 06:49

Ok, I'll put you down for the badge :o
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Goldenbrown » 20 Oct 2006, 10:46

Hi There, its a real shame that some people can't drive.

I'm not sure what you will have left before is goes to the scrappy but I could really do with the dent front wing to hopefully repair mine, basically the bit at the bottom next to the door is rotten on mine. and stupid little things like the little clip which stops the headlamp glass falling out etc.

I live in Morecambe Lancashire and if you are reasonably close (ish???) I would have no problem popping over to collect any bits.

Many thanks Steve.
Goldenbrown
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby UpNorth » 20 Oct 2006, 18:37

Steve, I live at postcode DL6 - check www.multimap.com & let me know if you want them.
Cheers
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Doive » 20 Oct 2006, 23:53

Yeah, cheers mate, I'd most definitely like all the doors, (deep breath, this may take a while) the seats, carpet, dashboard, and if youre still keen after all that lot and the angle grinder is still warm, how do you fancy cutting out say 3 inches or so of the inner and outer rear arches so I can weld them straight into mine? If that's too much of a a ball ache, I understand!!

Hmmm. I'm trying to think if there is anything else afore she goes to the yard. Don't want to miss the boat here. Erm... oh aye, if you do get the dash out, could I please have the wiper linkage as well? Mine is a bit knackered. plus the motor, seems rude not to. If I was on the same land mass as you on Saturday, I'd have been down with the spanners. If you fancy leaving it til next saturday, I still could be 8)

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Doive » 21 Oct 2006, 01:03

Just remembered, could I take the wiper arms as well, and if you get a spare moment the boot lock and ignition barrel. Are all the locks on the same key?

The offer still stands for next saturday!

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby UpNorth » 21 Oct 2006, 08:18

RIGHT - I'M MAKING A START. :cry:
Most of the bits requested will be okay barring a couple I want myself. I'll post a reply on this thread either late today or on Monday & will PM people my details so we can arrange spiriting them away.

I've had a think & I don't mind posting a few smaller bits but some of the larger (heavier) bits I can parcel-up & you can arrange for a courier to collect them - unless you are collecting in person, of course.
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Doive » 23 Oct 2006, 17:54

Ey oop chief. How did saturday go then?

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby UpNorth » 23 Oct 2006, 21:31

Saturday - I burned out my effing grinder!!! :x :x (I kid you not) Anyhow, this afternoon I completed all I'm doing & drove the shell the 300 yds down the road to the scrappy before I removed the final couple few items rendering the car unusable :(

Anyhow, here's the list for you all. I've written the items I have for you by your 'handle' - if it aint on the list then I'm afraid it's either in my store, not taken (due to damage) or in the case of the carpet - burned! (apparently Chevette carpets aren't grinder spark resistant :o )

DOIVE - doors, wiper linkage, seats, dashboard, boot lock & ignition (the whole car was on the same key) + keys.

HERBIE_FLOWERS - front damper mounts.

SHUVIT-PINTO - front panel (if you want it). The screen is toughened if you want that too.

CANCER WAGON - Chevette badge.

GOLDENBROWN - OSF wing & clip. (If you don't want to collect you could tell me (or photo) what smallish section to cut off & I could post).
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Next

Return to Cars/Parts Sales & Wants