Chevette saloon and lots of parts, free or cheap - MUST GO!

Buy or Sell Chevette/GM things.

Moderator: Moderators

Chevette saloon and lots of parts, free or cheap - MUST GO!

Postby belly » 06 Aug 2005, 16:09

Due to imminent loss of garage space (and my Chevette) the following is all for sale. No reasonable offers will be refused but I must stress I cannot post all of the items due to size, weight etc. Everything is located at my garage in Salisbury, Wiltshire (map <a href="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=415067&y=131094&z=5&sv=415067,131094&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=651&ax=415067&ay=131094">here</a>) but I am not. I may be able to help out getting some parts to Oxford or a few areas in the South, just ask. I can be contacted by reply, <a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Chevette parts">e-mail</a>, PM, or phone: 07990 585867.

1979 T Reg Vauxhall Chevette 4 door saloon in blue. 55,000 miles. Sunken headlight model with very good engine and gearbox and excellent blue tartan interior. This car was bought as a spares car but is very solid having been dry stored since 1991. Good sills, wings, doors, turrets, strut tops, bumpers, boot and bonnet. The car is speckly with surface rust and this is not a car that could be cheaply restored. It is however an excellent source of parts and the engine and gearbox were both very smooth when the car was last run a few months ago. One or two ancillaries are missing – the (knackered) rad and exhaust were removed for ease of access as I intended to pull the engine for my own car. It hasn’t been on the road for donkey’s years and will require trailering from my garage (registered SORN). I can e-mail some photos and history to anyone who wants them. If you have a blue 4 door saloon as I did then this is a goldmine. I am more interested in passing this vehicle on to someone who will find it useful (and can pick it up) than making much money. Any beer tokens appreciated however! Oh and finally I am not interested in cutting turrets out etc, sorry. If you want the car and have a trailer you’ve got it. I must get this car out of my garage or it goes to the scrapman which would be a huge waste.

Parts – all for Chevette 1256 unless otherwise stated.

6 x chrome hubcaps
4 x chrome-look wheel embellishers
Inlet manifold and carb
2 x exhaust manifolds
Air box
Twin front exhaust pipes
NOS brake discs, pair
Twin airhorn
NOS brake pads, set
NOS water pump
Alternator
Distributor
NOS clutch kit
Pancake air filter
Twin ‘look’ exhaust trim, as period as fluffy dice!
Pair of universal fit mudflaps with Vauxhall griffin
Head
Various pistons, rings, etc
3 x coils
1 x 4spd gearbox
2 x NOS Carb service kits
2 x Haynes manuals
Autobooks manual
NOS Brake shoes for Carlton, Cavalier and HS2300. Part # S109/LS1144
Loads of hoses, pipes etc for 1256 engines
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 06 Aug 2005, 19:00

bagsy the twin airhorn and 1 of those NOS Carb kits if it's for the 150cd carb mate. a fiver plus P+P ok?
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby belly » 06 Aug 2005, 19:12

Sounds good. I will be able to get to the car and stick them in the post next weekend.

The airhorn is untested but looks to have all the bits, compressor etc.

I will check the kits but I think they are for for the Stromberg 150cd.
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 06 Aug 2005, 19:34

lovely cheers mate. pm me your details and final price and i'll send you a postal order.
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby Tortron » 06 Aug 2005, 21:50

i would love those mudflaps.... wonder what postage would be, what would you say they weigh
This text comfirms the fact that directly above this is a line
"as you would expect on a car of this age..."
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 06 Aug 2005, 22:26

Tortron wrote:i would love those mudflaps.... wonder what postage would be, what would you say they weigh

i've got a pair of genuine vauxhall mudflaps on the rear of my omega which are made out of plastic and weigh next to nothing. on the other hand if they're rubber they will weigh quite a bit.
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby Shellysowner » 08 Aug 2005, 11:09

I'd like the clutch kit and the wheel embelishers. Also can you go into more detail as to what pistons and rings you have please. Cheers.
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby belly » 09 Aug 2005, 10:04

Tortron - The mud flaps are pretty light - easily postable. As far as I am aware they are not GM, I seem to remember they are more plasticky than the factory fit ones my Chevette used to wear, and a fair bit lighter.

Shellysowner - no probs on wheel embellishers and clutch kit, I'll have to have a look at the pistons this weekend as it's a bit of a mixed bag but if you want them they're yours. Will you be able to collect from Southampton and save me one trip to the post office?
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Tortron » 09 Aug 2005, 10:08

would you be keen on sending them to new zealand? im not sure how to get any payment to u tho, i think the exchange rate is 1UK - 1.80NZ

so for the 2 im thinking 5 nz plus postage(tho i may have to pass if its rediculous as), hows that?
Last edited by Tortron on 09 Aug 2005, 10:53, edited 2 times in total.
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Shellysowner » 09 Aug 2005, 10:22

belly wrote:Shellysowner - no probs on wheel embellishers and clutch kit, I'll have to have a look at the pistons this weekend as it's a bit of a mixed bag but if you want them they're yours. Will you be able to collect from Southampton and save me one trip to the post office?

Yeah... well I'll probably have to get a friend to pick 'em up for me... or you could hold onto them until late september but I'm sure we can sort something out.
Shellysowner

Postby belly » 09 Aug 2005, 10:51

Torton wrote

would you be keen on sending them to new zealand? im not sure how to get any payment to u tho, damed exchange rate

I don't mind posting overseas. As for payment, PO, Cheque, Paypal, direct transfer? I'd be more interested in getting the postage covered on these than making any money.

Yep, that's fine Tortron. I guess I will just have to pack them up, take them to the Post Office and see what they want to send them. Will let you know next week.

Shellysowner wrote

Yeah... well I'll probably have to get a friend to pick 'em up for me... or you could hold onto them until late september but I'm sure we can sort something out.

OK. I will see if I can hold onto them but I'm not too hopeful. My storage space is diminishing rapidly!
Last edited by belly on 09 Aug 2005, 12:48, edited 2 times in total.
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Just to clear things up a little...

Postby belly » 09 Aug 2005, 12:39

If nobody wants it, the saloon will not be broken - it will be scrapped. I really do need to get my garage in Salisbury clear ASAP as it is required to park a useable car in. The whole car is free to anyone who can collect it. If nobody does and you want the parts you are welcome to come to my garage and remove anything you want before it goes to the scrappie. I don't want to scrap this car but I genuinely have no choice. I do not have the time or space to break this car completely so if it comes to it it will be a free-for-all...
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Tortron » 10 Aug 2005, 04:49

also if you could "throw" the rubber pipe thing that goes from the airfilter to the head, (it also goes somewhere near the carb but cant remember off the top of my head) as mine has decided to keep spliting
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby belly » 15 Aug 2005, 11:21

Herbie_Flowers - sorry but both kits appear to be for Zenith carbs on closer inspection. The airhorns and compressor are ready to go if you want them, turns out it's actually a triple airhorn! PM me your address and I'll get it in the post.

Tortron - mudflaps are ready to go and I think I have the right rubber pipe for you too. PM your address and I'll see what the dear old Post Office want to transport them to NZ.
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 16 Aug 2005, 19:00

belly wrote:Herbie_Flowers - sorry but both kits appear to be for Zenith carbs on closer inspection. The airhorns and compressor are ready to go if you want them, turns out it's actually a triple airhorn! PM me your address and I'll get it in the post.

how much is it now then mate?
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby belly » 16 Aug 2005, 20:47

whatever you think's fair!
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 16 Aug 2005, 23:21

ok i initially offered a fiver plus P+P for 2 items so how does £3 plus P+P sound?
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby belly » 17 Aug 2005, 01:40

pound a horn... sounds fair :)
belly
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 17 Aug 2005, 20:57

Is the Saloon on its wheels as I might be able to collect.

I have the space to store for a while if anyone needs spares from it.

PM me for my phone number/
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby Shellysowner » 17 Aug 2005, 21:56

Nar nar nar nar nar - beat you to it Mark, I'm having her :D
Shellysowner

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 18 Aug 2005, 00:01

Excellent news :D

I just could not see another Chevette going to the crusher when I could have saved it.

I hope you find it of some use .

Well done :D
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby Shellysowner » 18 Aug 2005, 00:03

Even better than that, I'm restoring it! I just couldn't see another Chevette go to the crusher when there was no-one else to save it....... :shock:
Shellysowner

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 18 Aug 2005, 00:04

Twice as excellent in that case. The better man got the gal in the end in this case Ha Ha 8)
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby Tortron » 23 Aug 2005, 05:55

well did i get a surprise when i went out to my mail box this afternoon!
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 23 Aug 2005, 08:34

Why ????? :?
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Next