LatinAmerica/Brazilian Chevette interchange and perf parts

General Chat about Chevettes?..put it here.

Moderator: Moderators

LatinAmerica/Brazilian Chevette interchange and perf parts

Postby eliot » 08 Apr 2005, 16:01

Hi friends my name is Elio from Caracas, Venezuela and I am new in this forum. Friends I need some help to do somethings good to my Chevette.

I have a Brazilian version of the Chevette. It is a 1988 Chevrolet Chevette car equipped with 1.6S engine, a Webber 30/34 2 Barrel carb, automatic transmission and A/A. It has been a great reliable car.

So first at all I want to know if the mechanical parts (engine, internal engine parts, transmission, suspension, brakes, etc...) of my car are the same of other cars of the family of Chevettes around the world specially in USA (supposely Chevrolet Chevette and Pontiac T1000).

Inclusive in the same way, I would be overhaulin the engine/transmission of my car for better performance, after many year of great service.

I know that the info should be around here, but after a little search I cna't find precise info. Then I appreciate your help, support and suggestions.

Best Regards,
eliot
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby eliot » 10 Apr 2005, 19:31

So anyone knows???
eliot
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Neilyman » 10 Apr 2005, 19:38

Well I`m pretty sure non of the UK members will know, so you`ll have to await an answer from the Americas.
Please be patient though, some folks only read the forum every so often.
I`m sure you`ll get your reply soon.
Neilyman
Admin and dirty rotten egg!
Admin and dirty rotten egg!

Postby 86Acadian » 15 Apr 2005, 17:06

As an owner of a 1986 Pontiac Acadian (Canadian Chevette), I can tell you that I havent had any luck finding out if the UK chevette parts are interchangeable, so I'm afraid that I'm unable to answer for sure if the Latin American Chevettes are compatible either.

However, if you need pictures of any parts or have any questions regarding N.American chevettes, I'll be happy to try and assist you in any way that I can. :)

I'd sure like to find an HS or HSR engine for mine.... :D
-Luke
86Acadian
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby soultron » 16 Apr 2005, 01:12

As far as I can tell, you guys have the same 1.6 as we do in the U.S.
The sheet metal looks different on some models you have. You should be able to do anything we can, but I've seen several pictures of cars in your region with turbo chargers. That's cool.
Let us know anything you end up doing.
blah
soultron
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Return to General Chevette Discussion