I am after...

Buy or Sell Chevette/GM things.

Moderator: Moderators

I am after...

Postby Shellysowner » 09 Apr 2007, 16:40

the two screws which secure later type wing mirrors in place and the bit of rubber that goes between the mirror and the door. Anyone got any going spare?
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby Gordo » 10 Apr 2007, 07:35

You should be able to pick up the screws at a hardware store - in stainless steel :D The rubber may have to be cut from sheet - with care it's unlikely anyone will ever notice.
ttfn

Gordo
Gordo
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Shellysowner » 10 Apr 2007, 12:26

Gordo wrote:You should be able to pick up the screws at a hardware store - in stainless steel :D The rubber may have to be cut from sheet - with care it's unlikely anyone will ever notice.

I know, I know - but the screws are a particular shape and the rubber sticks out from behind the mirror. I cut some out of an old innertube (which was exactly the right thickness)... but it didn't look quite right... I am a perfectionist!
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby shoveitnz » 10 Apr 2007, 13:22

I've got some spare- i'll check. screws will be in a pile somewhere....
PM me your address and i'll post em to ya.
NZ desperately needs more immigration and fresh blood. Our eyes are getting far too close together!

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index ... 155&page=1

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/vivaforum/v ... hp?t=10258
shoveitnz
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Shellysowner » 10 Apr 2007, 13:25

Cheers Alex, PM sent

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 10 Apr 2007, 13:32

Hi Alex,

Did you have a good weekend, nice to meet you both the other day, great chat. Loved the Triumph.

Hope the old headlights will be what you are looking for. If I need any bits and bos I will give you a shout and we can do a deal on them for the Petrol cap and clear brake res cap?
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby Shellysowner » 10 Apr 2007, 13:33

Shuvit-pinto wrote:Hi Alex,

Did you have a good weekend, nice to meet you both the other day, great chat. Loved the Triumph.

Hope the old headlights will be what you are looking for. If I need any bits and bos I will give you a shout and we can do a deal on them for the Petrol cap and clear brake res cap?

You big thread hi-jacker :evil: :evil: :wink:

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby shoveitnz » 11 Apr 2007, 14:22

Yeah mark- managed to split bad light apart through the medium of a hammer... then repainted silver- not shiney but may pass mot till I find another.
Cheers for parts- by all means contact me if you need some bits and I'm sure I can help! I'll contact you before I biff any bits out in case you want em.
righto- back to ralph.. i'll check my messages now..

alex
NZ desperately needs more immigration and fresh blood. Our eyes are getting far too close together!

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index ... 155&page=1

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/vivaforum/v ... hp?t=10258
shoveitnz
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Shellysowner » 06 Jun 2007, 00:41

Well, Alex has very kindly sorted me out with the rubber but I'm still after the screws. Call me a pedant/perfectionist for wanting the exact same ones as are on the car but searching a couple of local hardware stores has yielded nothing.

Ps. If you happen to see this Alex, is there any chance I could have the beige rear interior side panels out of your spare hatch and also the drivers door map pocket if it has an un-cracked one? I'll buy you some beers :D

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby bones » 06 Jun 2007, 16:44

Hello, Bones here, sorry my kadett doesn't have any mirrors on it so I can't help you with the screws.

Cheers Bones...
bones
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Return to Cars/Parts Sales & Wants