Wanted 1256 engine

Buy or Sell Chevette/GM things.

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted 1256 engine

Postby Shellysowner » 17 Mar 2007, 12:10

Wanted 1256 engine ('cos jifop managed to lose his!), with or without 'box, doesn't have to be running as I only really want the block and the head.

Not looking to pay anything/very much apart from a few token beer vouchers.

Would like to collect from within 100 miles of the LE16 postcode. Post here or PM me. Thanks.
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby pbottomley » 17 Mar 2007, 19:59

Ralph... got me a nasty 1256cc here ... FREE come get it... not a chuvit lump but a viva lump
pbottomley

Postby Galgeth » 17 Mar 2007, 20:57

If you are ever in Cornwall Ralph.................
Galgeth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Shellysowner » 17 Mar 2007, 21:39

pbottomley wrote:Ralph... got me a nasty 1256cc here ... FREE come get it... not a chuvit lump but a viva lump

I thought you were giving it to Ian?
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby pbottomley » 17 Mar 2007, 21:54

NO need now....
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » 17 Mar 2007, 22:12

Ians slapped an engine inot the silevr estate.... its sort of spare... If you NEEDD IT its yours... no probs whats so ever.... swap it for a AC Delco alternator if i could be so rude???
pbottomley

Postby Shellysowner » 17 Mar 2007, 22:17

Sorry run that past me again? :lol:

I don't need it but I do want a block to build my new engine into. Mark has offered me one but its 136 miles away and I have to help him remove it... and I'm oh so terribly lazy :P And I haven't got a spare alternator... well I have, but its a NOS one and I'd like to hold on to it :D

Also thanks for the offer Galgeth - if I happen to end up in Cornwall and still need an engine I will be sure to drop by :)

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby pbottomley » 17 Mar 2007, 22:37

Soory ralph, let me re word it
the engine was for the Silver Estate Clara was using, but Ian has used the one from another car he had, so this engine is spare....

Its been rebuilt at some pint but was a good runner, its yours as said fro free, let us know when you need it, I could drop it off at the secret easter gathering!!!!! as long as i get a hand to put the 1159 engine back in the car to take home...
pbottomley

Postby Shellysowner » 17 Mar 2007, 22:39

pbottomley wrote:as long as i get a hand to put the 1159 engine back in the car to take home...

Sounds like a fair deal. Silver estate? I thought it was a green one that blew up? I can't keep track of all these vivas flying about all over the place :roll: :lol:

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby pbottomley » 17 Mar 2007, 22:55

yea tell me about it,,, anyways get bottom on MSN tomorrow nigth, for the VIVA chat and we can sort out dates etc..... Rememebr NO talk about the secret meeting when you know who is about !!!!! :D :D :D

The green estate is on my drive in need of alternator and fuel pump (got pump)... Its going to Leeds, where we collected the Chevette today, once thats doen the HB and cheesy are up to scotland to paint, then it sSpalding to collect the S74 HC, to play with.....

LOL BUSY, and in mean time Per is over......

Lady C says clutch is going on the new Chevette so might need a spanner or tthree :(
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » 08 Apr 2007, 19:51

Engine now donated to Ralph care of the Viva Owners Club.... Thnaks for the drink, helpd with other engine loads and general banter :D
pbottomley

Return to Cars/Parts Sales & Wants