Does anyone like Volkswagon

Totally off-topic random area where anything goes.

Moderator: Moderators

Does anyone like Volkswagon

Postby Kevins /// Kustoms /// » 15 Feb 2005, 21:51

Does anyone like vw, jetta's, golf's, anything. Whats your fav and why?? Iv got a 2 door 86 jetta. Audi wheels, Lowered 2", big bumper conversions, street glow, 2.5" full exaust, header, intake, speed chip, cam, and to final it off 2 12" rockfords 400watts each, 1200watt pyle amp, 10 disc sony changer, sony tape, and all top of the line wires. If anyone is interested in seeing it ill post some pics up soon.Im not going to lie to you but the pics on my sites of the vr6 cars are not mine. SHHHHHH. Everyone thinks there mine. But the ones on cardomain with the yellow interior stuff are old pics but it is my car. My next project is going to be a chevette. Im still going to keep the jetta though. And you know what the amazing thing is im only 17. But i have been working on this car since i was 14. So now that iv got a good job i should have a chevette all built up with in a year.
My chevette is gunna go, 2.8L all beefed up here we come. :p.
Kevins /// Kustoms ///
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby shuvit-tim » 15 Feb 2005, 21:58

VW sciroccos and corados are little flying machines. (dont think you have them in the states?) but don't tell anyone i admitted it :lol:

A MKI golf GTi would be in my all time favourites garage, I'd love one just because of what it represents
when all else fails, rivets, cable ties and bodge tape will see you through

Tim
shuvit-tim
Tight arsed, ex-Stoodant Chevetter

Postby Doive » 15 Feb 2005, 23:44

I would definitely have a mk1 GTi although the prices for good ones are going up and up. Failing that I'd get a Golf mk2 GTi 16v or G60 before they start getting really poular as well - although to be fair the prices of good mk2's have never really dipped completely. I agree entirely on the Corrado, what a great looking car. However.....it has to be said that before I bought the chevette I was sorely tempted by a mk1 Jetta Diesel in royal blue for the princely sum of 50 quid! I think I would have spent most of my life sweeping up the rust from the car park. Well, not that the chevette didn't have me doing that anyway at the start!
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Tortron » 16 Feb 2005, 05:25

aircooled for me :P

beetles, kombis - splits more than bays. dont really like the notchbacks ect much
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby KittiKat181 » 16 Feb 2005, 18:16

I love the Fastbacks and the Squarebacks but I never see them :( I like them because they are so cute and rare.
KittiKat181
chevettes.com pinup girl
chevettes.com pinup girl

Postby shuvit-tim » 16 Feb 2005, 18:18

more reason for you to come and live with us in the UK Kittikat! There's boatloads of 'em!
:P

Tim
shuvit-tim

Postby Neilyman » 16 Feb 2005, 18:33

Don`t you ever give up Tim??? :D :P :lol:
Neilyman
Admin and dirty rotten egg!
Admin and dirty rotten egg!

Postby shuvit-tim » 16 Feb 2005, 18:36

no. but anyway, back to volkswagons...........

Tim
shuvit-tim

Postby Kevins /// Kustoms /// » 17 Feb 2005, 20:13

Hey kittikat, uv seen my jetta, its on cardomain, you said you liked the yellow. But ya vw's arent bad, id love to have a 16V gti golf, the older ones with the quad lights. :wink: But ya im in the process of getting a 2 door 5 speed chevette right now as a project. $100. :wink: Ill let you guys know if i get it. :twisted:
Kevins /// Kustoms ///
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Shellysowner » 20 Feb 2005, 17:54

Karrman Ghia for me, type 3 fastback... maybe a nice smooth split-window beetle. And you might even be able to talk me into a mk1 golf (don't ever tell anyone I said that!). Cousre it'd have to be stock on the outside, heavily modified on the indside - i saw a wikid one in retro cars a few issues back - 300bhp 1.8 with 4wd underneath, pristine stock mk1 with gti interior on the outside. Nice.
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby Doive » 20 Feb 2005, 23:16

I saw that one too, now if I had to have a mk1 it would have to be that one!! The quality of the guy's engineering work was just outstanding, very impressive - no wonder Volkswagen want him to go and work for them! Expect to see the mk6 golf thinner and sleeker, with four wheel drive and a V6! Perhaps then it would be fun to drive, instead of the overweight blancmange the current golf is.

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Shellysowner » 21 Feb 2005, 14:41

Amen to that :D Blancmange sums it up perfectly as well.
Shellysowner

Postby Kevins /// Kustoms /// » 22 Feb 2005, 21:17

What about honda does anyone like any honda cars ???? :? I dont like honda myself, but i did have one back in the day, and it was riced out, it was my first car. :P
Kevins /// Kustoms ///
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Shellysowner » 23 Feb 2005, 13:18

Hondas have excellent build quality, are reliable for the most part and often fairly quick but they are as boring as hell!
Shellysowner

Postby Tortron » 24 Feb 2005, 04:13

on vw single (and double cabs i think) there is a box storage thing under the chassis, now on a new honda they put one on and are claiming that it is new. same with the double cab, toyota claimed theirs was the first.

speaking of hondas i was a honda ricer the other day. the actual name of the car (some family wagon) was ricer, thats just taking the piss
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Roscoe » 15 Mar 2005, 00:33

VW has done alot of things first and had other companies steal the ideas. Say the minivan. VW Bus anyone? and on some of them they had DOORS ON BOTH SIDES how bout autostick ? sure vw didint invent that i think citroen (sp) did but go chrysler to try and steal that to.
Volvo Powered Chevetter.
Roscoe
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Tortron » 15 Mar 2005, 03:30

volkswagen did have the first semi auto stick to my knowledge
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby jifop » 15 Mar 2005, 10:02

i had a custom VW beetle for nearly two years, slammed as low as i could on the front with low profile pirellis and big fat wheels on the back at stock height (dragster stance) ran on centerlines, had fiesta seats, pre 67 wings, 1641cc motor, front disks and it was bright red with silver flames up the front hell i loved that car until i had an accident skidded on some diesel and lost it spun 400 degrees in the road and hit a crash barrier!

still got it, ive been kidding myself one day i'll fix it but think i'm gonna break her.

plus i have a 74 bay window camper named the punkbus
its mat black and white with cow fur interior, only a 1600 engine but it goes and i camp in it. the interior is mainly removeable so its great for transporting stuff.

i like fastbacks, notches, bays, splits and lowlight ghias but i'd love a rasoredge ghia.

this was parked outside our office for ages, oh i want it!
Before you say anything..... no i cant spell or type!

The post above is my own personal opinion, it is not meant to upset or cause offence, if it does bugger off.

Tim
jifop
Rust Junkie
Rust Junkie

Postby jifop » 15 Mar 2005, 10:03

Tortron wrote:volkswagen did have the first semi auto stick to my knowledge

and the first automatic choke

The post above is my own personal opinion, it is not meant to upset or cause offence, if it does bugger off.

Tim
jifop
Rust Junkie
Rust Junkie

Postby Doive » 15 Mar 2005, 16:42

If my automotive history is up to date, Volkswagen only really got going towards the end of the forties. One of the earliest forms of non-gearlever type semi auto box was fitted to a Lanchester 10 circa 1930. It consisted of a rotary knob on the dashboard which dispayed the currently selected gear. To change the driver moved this knob to the next gear position and at the appropriate moment pushed the clutch pedal to the floor, and the gearbox would handle the change. When the pedal was brought back up, it would be in the next gear. Very clever system. Don't know if this was the first, but it certainly predates the Volkswagen system.

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Tortron » 16 Mar 2005, 04:15

Stick
not knob :o

those automatic beetle engine chokes are pricks, the first thing i rip out :lol:
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby jifop » 17 Mar 2005, 10:04

Tortron wrote:
Stick
not knob :o

those automatic beetle engine chokes are pricks, the first thing i rip out :lol:

i found them great! the one on the bus is slightly retarded but they work

Tim
jifop
Rust Junkie
Rust Junkie

Postby Tortron » 22 Mar 2005, 05:02

i once saw a bus with a manual choke! 8)
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Return to Stupid Corner