Rugby Anyone?

If it won`t fit anywhere else, stick it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby shuvit-tim » 19 Mar 2005, 23:28

i must now stand up and admit i was talking absolute toss. the combination of teletext and a poor tv signal :? we in fact only attained 4 points, whilst you got 6. oops! :oops: :lol:

i actually had the irish down as the favourites at the start!
when all else fails, rivets, cable ties and bodge tape will see you through

Tim
shuvit-tim
Tight arsed, ex-Stoodant Chevetter

Postby Shoveitpusher » 20 Mar 2005, 09:22

what a game. as i thought the irish folded a bit but not as much as i thought they would, mainly due to bringing Humphreys on (in my opinion a better no.10 than O'Gara, i think at least one irish forword is going to be cited for punching, O'Driscol may have played himself out of the Lions captains post with his poor discipline and mediocre display)

the Welsh showed real talent by absorbing the pressure in both the French and Irish games and keeping the score ticking over. well deserved grand slam and great to watch. their pack have been punching well above their weight. Henson had a better game and made it such that the Irish couldn't infringe anywhere near the halfway line. even better it's a young team and there seem to be replacements.

if you want to put the English performance into some perspective their grand slam was derailed by a kicker who couldn't reliably hit the floor when he falls out of bed and a captain who didn't take decisions to compensate. new capatain and the tactics change, more touch kicks less blindly relying on the kicker to hit the target. the real worry is the number of injuries England have taken (i did yell at the screen to pull Moody off before he injured himself) on the plus side there are a lot more players with big match experiance.

the scots have a problem, the Italians will overtake them. with a full squad (and a kicker) i could have seen them with their 2 wins this year. even worse where are the replacements coming from? saying that they managed some good rugby in places.

the Irish have an even bigger problem. they have a good team who have had the misfortune to face the English in 2003, the French in 2004, then the surprising welsh in 2005. in truth the best team they've had for years have achieved very little and is now old. their replacements are even older.

next years tournament should be a real spectacle, the Irish should still be up there, the Welsh should be better, the English should have less injuries and more depth. the Italians should have a couple more world class players. even the Scots have something to build on.

i am so looking foreword to the world cup and a lot of beaten Southern teams. we will be there.

Tim it's the wife who is the ERSC member and gets the tickets. she also comes rallying with me. next game is the IRB 7's and Martin Johnson testimonial with one J Lomu playing
Peter C
Shoveitpusher
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby shuvit-tim » 20 Mar 2005, 10:48

shoveitpusher wrote:

Tim it's the wife who is the ERSC member and gets the tickets. she also comes rallying with me.

Wow, we like that one, you can keep her! arent we kind! :lol:
when all else fails, rivets, cable ties and bodge tape will see you through

Tim
shuvit-tim

Postby hsr2.6 » 20 Mar 2005, 14:08

champions at last
rally drivers do it sideways.............well the quick ones do....................
hsr2.6
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Previous

Return to Anything else