AARGHHH!! (windshield fluid pump)

If it won`t fit anywhere else, stick it here!

Moderator: Moderators

AARGHHH!! (windshield fluid pump)

Postby Chevette Girl » 10 Feb 2009, 05:01

Does anyone know which tool to use to remove the windshield fluid pump in a North American 'vette?

I remember doing this once when I was 19 and it not being at all difficult, but I can't for the life of me find a tool that reaches the *insert expletive here* filter thing in the bottom of the reservoir which you have to unscrew to get the pump out. I remember using a pair of needle-nose pliers and just twisting the thing and it came right out, but I just spent an hour steaming up my cold garage with rude language, trying to find something that might reach it. Wrenches are all too far offset, sockets are too short, and my long-barrel sockets don't seem to do it either. Can't reach it with any pair of pliers I currently own. Can't get my hand inside the thing. Tried socket + pliers. Tried more rude language.

Eventually gave up before I broke something out of temper. How many hundreds of dollars have I spent on tools, and I can't change my *insert another expletive here* windshield pump...
"The world is going to hell in Mircos***'s custom-built, feature-rich, user-friendly, bug-infested handbasket." - BCB, 2002
Chevette Girl
chevettes.com pinup girl
chevettes.com pinup girl

Return to Anything else