Bloody Microsoft garbage

If it won`t fit anywhere else, stick it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bloody Microsoft garbage

Postby Doive » 23 Aug 2006, 13:18

I was using Microsoft Photo Editor to resize some of the best fireworks pictures I've ever taken. I was scaling them down to 480x360 for a client to view on a webpage, and made a point of saving all of them in a new folder to keep the originals intact. Closed the program down, checked the folder and found it had helpfully saved in the new folder AND over the originals. So I've lost those photos. bullocks. I could cry right now.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Neilyman » 23 Aug 2006, 14:08

Ooops!, looks like you got `save` & `save as` mixed up Doive :cry:
Neilyman
Admin and dirty rotten egg!
Admin and dirty rotten egg!

Postby Doive » 23 Aug 2006, 14:23

In fairness, on reflection and the blood having drained from my face, it probably was my fault in one way or another. I just have a general deep seated loathing for Microsoft.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Chevette Girl » 31 Aug 2006, 03:40

Sorry to hear about your photos...

I think I've done the same once or twice while editing photos at work for our webpage... luckily, if they were on the network overnight, there's a backup copy somewhere... although I know for sure I have accidentally "saved" when I meant to "save as" with a new name...

I make spare copies and backups often, it's the only way to deal with computers in general and Microsquash in general... my most favouritest command for Windows is control-Z...

The database we use at work gets backed up daily both to my workstation's hard drive and a different network from where the live database is, and further to this, each day gets saved in a different folder (Mon/Tues/Wed etc) just in case something goes "blooie", I've got a few days to catch it if we need to toss the whole thing and start over from a "good" save point... And I've had to once. Damn good thing I'd saved 5 days' worth of it in two extra places...
"The world is going to hell in Mircos***'s custom-built, feature-rich, user-friendly, bug-infested handbasket." - BCB, 2002
Chevette Girl
chevettes.com pinup girl
chevettes.com pinup girl

Return to Anything else