Will this polish out?

If it won`t fit anywhere else, stick it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby jayen4 » 08 Apr 2006, 00:36

Ahem !! Yes,I suppose we should ask Doive how much he's got to spend and what his preferences are........ :)

I'm currently visiting lots of auctions,so I could get you something Doive (plug) . Doive..... Doive? .....Hellooo!! :) :wink:
jayen4
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Doive » 10 Apr 2006, 08:44

Ah.... West Yorkshire. You anywhere near Keighley? I'm still giving careful consideration to an A4 TDi, seen a very nice 2.5 V6 for sale, metallic blue, leather, climate control, 10 disc changer, all SE goodies - plus it will be ridiculously fast. Coming in under 4k, which is roughly my budget (managed to find a few quid knocking around). The 1.9 TDi still appeals, but the massive torque of the 2.5 is seriously overpowering.

I wouldn't drive a Sierra 2.3D if you paid me. Heap of crap.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby jayen4 » 11 Apr 2006, 01:11

Doive ,I'm about 30/35 miles from Keighley ...... You looking at something specific ?? Could have a look for you,if you want. :)
Neily's nearer than me,him being in Bradford (about 10 miles).

One thing to watch with the V6's is that the cam belts have been done.....cost a fortune,on the V6 if one breaks !! What year and price is the blue one ??

Let me know,if you want me to look at anything,o.k.?? :)
jayen4
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Doive » 11 Apr 2006, 08:33

Well there are two now - 98 S reg 2.5 TDi, leather plus loads of goodies, need to call for details, £3,995. Also 99 A4 2.5 TDi, 67k, full history, leather, climate control, new tyres, but pricey at £6,000.

There are a few others, but I need to start saving money :?

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Shellysowner » 11 Apr 2006, 11:32

I just spent about 5 minutes comparing them and trying to work out why the 2nd one is so much more expensive, then I realised - it has a personalised 'plate on it P44 GGY. I wonder how much that's worth? Should be a T or V plater originally shouldn't it?
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby chris(not) » 11 Apr 2006, 12:48

P44GGY is only in the "looks vaguely like it might mean something if you try hard" category, so probably not very much, really. P1GGY or maybe P3GGY would be better.....

Did see PT52USA on a Chrysler PT yesterday- quite good in context on the car (esp. if it was a late '02 vehicle) but again probably not intrinsically worth much.

Chris
...........________
........./|__|__|__|\____
.=.=.( _---|__|__|__---_)
.............O...............O
Chris
chris(not)
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Doive » 11 Apr 2006, 13:45

The second one is much more expensive becuse it has 66k documented miles, while the first one has an unknown number of miles and no mention of tax or MoT. The personalised (crap) plate on the car doesn't come with it, which I don't really care about.

However, I've now seen this, which has lured me back to the blue propellor. Probably off to see it tonight.

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Previous

Return to Anything else