New indicator stalk

If it`s got wires, it`ll be in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby jan olin » 13 Apr 2006, 21:48

:D just to let you know that there are two designs of wiper/indicator stalks. The indicators on both are the same. The wiper setup is different with the early ones having no intermitent with a seperate relay & pull to the steering wheel for a squirt, push down to get one wipe & push up for slow wipe then up again for fast wipe. The later ones push down for intermitent, push the end for wash pull to you for one wipe,& one & two up for continous wipers. The early wipers had a five pin connection & the later had nine pin connection, so not interchangeable. The axle between a hatchback & saloon are different as far as iam aware. The shocks on a hatchback point inwards & upwards, on a saloon point directly upwards. The panhard rod on the saloon axle is also longer. I hope this helps. :)
I'm jan the man with a girly name!
jan olin
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby burns » 14 Apr 2006, 00:56

jan olin wrote:The wiper setup is different with the early ones having no intermitent with a seperate relay & pull to the steering wheel for a squirt, push down to get one wipe & push up for slow wipe then up again for fast wipe.

That'd be what I've bought then. I'll wack it on ebay some time as an early chevette wiper stalk I guess. Ta for the info :) .
burns
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Miss Icey » 14 Apr 2006, 13:38

Doive wrote:I'm reckoning those rocker switches are mk3 Mini parts, they certainly have an early BL feel to them - I'd say from '72 to '81 ish.

Yep they are :oops: Spotted them a mile away, I think they where later than that tho, as my 88 has them....
1995 - Pug 106
1998 - Suzuki Marauder
1988 - Austin Mini City
1981 - Honda 'Naked' Goldwing
1966 - Series Land Rover
Miss Icey
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Doive » 14 Apr 2006, 20:59

I was feeling brave and slightly cocky about the dates - glad to know I was wrong! My mate has a '77 car and it definitely has those particular switches, so I'm guessing they are mk3 on parts which would be.... oooh.... mid '70s I would have thought. Having said that I do recall going to see a 1987 car a few years back, and it had the same switches.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Previous

Return to Electrical