New suspension for track work...

All the bits that soak up the bumps and point the car in the right direction.

Moderator: Moderators

New suspension for track work...

Postby Bulldognz » 28 Feb 2008, 00:17

Hey guys, so I've decided to not do the 4 link rear at present and will run with the standard shock and suspension mounts for the time being.

Can someone advise what after market springs and shocks I should buy to set my suspension up for circuit racing please?

I have access to a piazza front roll bar too ;)
Bulldognz
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Shoveitpusher » 28 Feb 2008, 09:39

i use bilstein shocks and 350lbs/" springs (cut down so may be a bit stronger) on what is essentially a tarmac rally car full race may want to go a lot stronger with more damper.

it is a bit subjective though, some people like a stiff rear others a soft

inuendos start here
Peter C
Shoveitpusher
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby TJM » 28 Feb 2008, 10:17

As Shoveitpusher said spring choice is really upto how you like your car to handle. Progressive is a good way to go but again would need to be worked out carefully or sometimes by trial and error. For tarmac rallying I have produced 180/350lb -25mm for the rears.

Rosejoint one end of the rear links will aide in reducing axle tramp, rosejoint one end of the panhard rod also or for circuit you could make a watts linkage set-up. If lowering the back end remember to check the length of the panhard rod so it allows the axle to remain central.

Steel torque tube if you can get one will also help with strength of the axle.

Regards
Tim
TJM
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Bulldognz » 28 Feb 2008, 11:16

Thanks TJ, 4 link is the end goal but until I have the cash to do so I'll do what I can. Have you got any picks of rose jointing the links etc?
Bulldognz
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Return to Suspension and Steering