Steering wheel boss part number

All the bits that soak up the bumps and point the car in the right direction.

Moderator: Moderators

Steering wheel boss part number

Postby Trevette » 12 Feb 2008, 12:12

Does anyone know what the part number is for a steering wheel boss to fit a 1983 Chevette saloon???

I ordered one from Demon Tweeks which didn't fit. This one was part number MTNM730X.

I called them today and they're sending me another one which is part number MTNM770X.

Is this new one the correct one? I tried calling TJM every number i try calling him on doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help or advise please???
1983 Vauxhall Chevette
Trevette
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby ross.cheeks » 12 Feb 2008, 16:13

sorry i cant help im looking for one an all. im after one for a 77 hatch, dont know which one i need, ive found so for up to 76 and some for 79 on but none for 77, so annoying.
ross.cheeks
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby TJM » 12 Feb 2008, 18:38

Just so you know my business hours are 5.30pm to 10.00pm weekdays and 9.00am to 12.00 midday on Saturdays.

I have in the past had to send out the four different mountney bosses as they do state what year they should fit but I have found over the years that this is not always accurate.

Sorry I could be more precise. Can you count the number of splines you have and the diameter and I will try to get a correct part number for you to make sure the new one being sent out is correct.

Regards
Tim
TJM
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Trevette » 13 Feb 2008, 13:24

TJM wrote:Just so you know my business hours are 5.30pm to 10.00pm weekdays and 9.00am to 12.00 midday on Saturdays.

I have in the past had to send out the four different mountney bosses as they do state what year they should fit but I have found over the years that this is not always accurate.

Sorry I could be more precise. Can you count the number of splines you have and the diameter and I will try to get a correct part number for you to make sure the new one being sent out is correct.

Regards
Tim

PM sent, thanks
1983 Vauxhall Chevette
Trevette
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Return to Suspension and Steering