anti roll bar link

All the bits that soak up the bumps and point the car in the right direction.

Moderator: Moderators

anti roll bar link

Postby jifop » 29 Nov 2005, 17:11

hey guys, i dont really know much about suspension so i have a couple of quick questions for you.

the anti roll bar links are obviously as standard exactly the same length, what would happen to the car if they were both slightly shorter or longer? would it have any adverse effects on the handling of the car? i assume it would put stress on other points of the suspension but would it be very bad if they were?

Also what effect would a solid link with no bushes have if any? or are they there purely for a sound and vibration dampering?
Before you say anything..... no i cant spell or type!

The post above is my own personal opinion, it is not meant to upset or cause offence, if it does bugger off.

Tim
jifop
Rust Junkie
Rust Junkie

Postby nutty but nice » 29 Nov 2005, 22:59

I've got mk2 astra ones on, i thought about the effects of turning the bar a few degrees would do but it feels fine.

mk2 astra ones are 17mm longer.

If you tried solid bars you'd probably bend the arb or bend the wishbone not to mention the ride quality, if one wheel went over a large bump there would be no flex in the bar without rubbers to absorb the shock so bendy bendy it will do :wink:
nutty but nice

Postby hsr2.6 » 05 Dec 2005, 18:58

did the jersey rally with solid ones coz i kepy bending the std ones,i used 19mm bolts some tube cut to lenght and washers and did'nt bend anything
rally drivers do it sideways.............well the quick ones do....................
hsr2.6
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby jifop » 05 Dec 2005, 21:35

hsr2.6 wrote:did the jersey rally with solid ones coz i kepy bending the std ones,i used 19mm bolts some tube cut to lenght and washers and did'nt bend anything

i currently have some M12's with a spacer on them!

i notice actually you can substantually lower the car with small tweaks to the legnth of the link
Before you say anything..... no i cant spell or type!

The post above is my own personal opinion, it is not meant to upset or cause offence, if it does bugger off.

Tim
jifop
Rust Junkie
Rust Junkie

Return to Suspension and Steering