Members cars section

All the latest exciting news and happenings on the Chevette Gallery site! ALSO self help guides for picture posting/resizing etc

Moderator: Moderators

Members cars section

Postby Doive » 12 Feb 2005, 19:14

Okay ladies and gentlemen :lol:

Something we have been talking about for quite a while is a members cars forum, and I was bored last night so we now have one! I have put some pics of my cars on to give some guidance as to the format, but essentially the space in your post is yours, so put in what you like (as long as its car pics!). The plan is to have a section per member, so when posting your pics enter your username as the subject title so its easy to navigate.

Did a little experimentation with picture sizes and found the best setup with my monitor (17" with 1280x1024 resolution) is 640x480. It could take bigger, but I'm thinking of those members who may be running smaller monitors or resolutions. It also limits the size of the file being downloaded. If anyone does post a pic bigger than this, you won't have your head removed or anything but I may tweak the size down to 640x480 for you, just to make it viewable by everbody.

Posted pics - 640x480 size, roughly 50kB size.

Also, include some text with your photos. Car details or specs, stories about how you bought her or just generally amusing chevette anecdotes. Of course all makes/models of cars that members have are welcome to be posted (no chevette purchase necessary!), so include them too as variety is said to be the spice of life. Personally I think beer is the spice of life, but thats another story.

I think we will just let this one run as is for now, and if anything reallly comes to light in use then I'm sure we can alter things. I'm a bit of a photo junkie, so expect lots of dramatic shots of the Chevette and the Bimmer in dramatic and scenic locations!

The Members section (for those of you who haven't spotted it) is located at the 'bottom' of the forum under Ideas and a Suggestions.

Out of respect for members areas, please do not fill up their sections with lots and lots of posts, have a chat with them in the main forum or send them a PM. This section is intended to be a reference type thing with discussion outside it - gives everyone the opportunity to ask about mods they like, or just generally to congratulate someone on a very tidy chevette! We will occasionally do a little 'clean up', taking out discussion type posts from people within members areas with the aim of keeping it all useable and enjoyable for everyone.

If anyone has any thoughts, then please let us know.

The management. :P
Last edited by Doive on 12 Feb 2005, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Doive » 25 Mar 2005, 02:50

Currently we have a total of eight members proudly displaying their cars off in the members cars section - unsurprisingly one of those is me, any opportunity to show her off - but that leaves over 120 members. Surely some of you must have pictures of your cars?!

If you have pics on your computer but can't get them hosted on webspace, then please email them to me and I'll put them online for you. My address is superfurrycamel'at'gmail'dot'com, take out the at and the dot, replace them with the relevant symbols. Spambots. Then I'll send you the web location of the pictures so you can create your own members section.

I'd love to see more cars and stories on there, surely it can't only be me who is sad enough to take hundreds of pictures of their cars? Take them and send them to me.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Shellysowner » 25 Mar 2005, 12:15

I would put mine up but a/ I can't be bothered and b/ the only 2 pictures of my car I'm actually proud of are in the gallery already, she doesn't look as shiny as that at the mo :-( I'll put them up for now...
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Return to News & Announcements