1600 x-flow

From the humble 1256 to meaty V8`s, swaps, rebuilds, tunning, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

1600 x-flow

Postby Raver » 12 Apr 2005, 17:37

i have a 1600 x-flow in my current chevette was wondering if anyone knows if it sits on the origanal mounts or if they have to be welded into a different place. sorry for all the questions jsut tryin to plan out how much work is involved.
Raver
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby shuvit-tim » 12 Apr 2005, 17:51

sorry can you just clarify, are you PUTTING a 1600 x-flow in or is it ALREADY in?
when all else fails, rivets, cable ties and bodge tape will see you through

Tim
shuvit-tim
Tight arsed, ex-Stoodant Chevetter

Postby Raver » 12 Apr 2005, 22:07

sorry was in a rush before work. I have a x-flow engine in my current chevette which is sat on the front drive missing half a front end. I have got my hands on another shell, which jsut nees outter sills and wings which i can get hold of anyway. so i was wondering if i could take the engine out of my old chevette and put it into this new shell on the existing engine mounts or if some new ones will have to be welded in place.
As im not too handy with a welder it means me asking somone to help out, im just interested in how much work it involves.
sorry if i confused you all.
Raver
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby shuvit-tim » 12 Apr 2005, 22:27

no problem. just thought i'd clarify. I've no idea about cross flows myself but I'm sure someone here will.

Do you know what was used for your mounts on your existing chevette? Take a look, if you can unbolt them rather than them being welded to the chassis then I'm sure you can probably just re-use those if indeed the standard mounts arent usable.
when all else fails, rivets, cable ties and bodge tape will see you through

Tim
shuvit-tim

Postby hsr2.6 » 13 Apr 2005, 16:31

the last time i had a xflow in one,i had to use capri mk1 1600gt engine mounts and had to modify the the lower part of the 4 branch where it goes under the body.........
rally drivers do it sideways.............well the quick ones do....................
hsr2.6
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Return to Engine & Gearbox