1256 rebuild parts

From the humble 1256 to meaty V8`s, swaps, rebuilds, tunning, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

1256 rebuild parts

Postby harryj » 07 Feb 2007, 11:00

Im about to rebuild my 1256 and wondering where I might be able to source piston rings,cam followers, bearings and possibly oversise pistons valves etc if any one can help cheers
harryj
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Shellysowner » 07 Feb 2007, 11:38

Piston Rings: There's always loads on eBay at pretty reaosnable prices.

Cam Followers: Neither Piper nor Kent make their aftermarket cam followers anymore and originals are like rocking horse sh*t.

Bearings: eBay again is an excellent source although it wouldn't surprise me if someone still makes them.

Oversize pistons: wait for it... eBay! Or you could join the Viva Owners Club who have a stock of them for sale.

Oversize valves: pass - need to find out that one at some point myself.
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby UpNorth » 07 Feb 2007, 14:16

Assuming you're rebuilding the motor cos it's knackered rather than because you want too - I wouldn't bother. Surely you'll be able to pick up an engine for £20.
Anyone have a 6R4 for sale? Unfortunately I've only got £1K spare but I could throw in a few eggs to sweeten the deal!
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby harryj » 07 Feb 2007, 16:21

The engine nackered she was spitting a lot of oil out the from the filler cap pipe into the intake. I have a 4 branch manifold and a kent cam and so was going to rebuild it .
harryj
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Return to Engine & Gearbox