Camshaft differences between Kadett's and chevettes

From the humble 1256 to meaty V8`s, swaps, rebuilds, tunning, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Camshaft differences between Kadett's and chevettes

Postby Cooltony » 21 Sep 2005, 19:46

What are the measurement differences between the two?

more importantly and further to the point will a kent cam designed for a kadett fit a chevette?

Vauxhall Astra, Kadett, Nova, Corsa 1.3 AST17 Supersports 2800 - 7500 6.95mm 11.36mm 284 Degrees 37/67 67/37 105 Degrees 0.25mm

judging by the component above it will fit a kadett nova corsa and astra? what is there to say that it wouldnt fit a chevette?

if on the off chance it would is it normal practice to tune the valves accordingly

& if anyone has carried out this modification what power band would be of correct choice for just a fast road?

thanks alot..

tony.
Cooltony
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Re: Camshaft differences between Kadett's and chevettes

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 21 Sep 2005, 20:56

Cooltony wrote:What are the measurement differences between the two?

sorry i don't know
Cooltony wrote:more importantly and further to the point will a kent cam designed for a kadett fit a chevette?

i doubt it as it's a different engine
Cooltony wrote:Vauxhall Astra, Kadett, Nova, Corsa 1.3 AST17 Supersports 2800 - 7500 6.95mm 11.36mm 284 Degrees 37/67 67/37 105 Degrees 0.25mm

judging by the component above it will fit a kadett nova corsa and astra? what is there to say that it wouldnt fit a chevette?

again it's a different engine
Cooltony wrote:if on the off chance it would is it normal practice to tune the valves accordingly

tune them in what way, bigger?
Cooltony wrote:& if anyone has carried out this modification what power band would be of correct choice for just a fast road?

depends on how much you want to rev the engine really. anything from 270 degrees to 290 degrees duration is considered a fast road cam with varying lengths of power band and power dependent on cam chosen. it also depends on how much you want to spend as well. it's pointless fitting a cam of 290 degrees into a stock engine, it wouldn't work very well, and vice versa.
Cooltony wrote:thanks alot..

tony.
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby iety2004 » 26 Sep 2005, 09:55

You wanna get in touched with Newman Cams, i emailed them earlier this year, and they will make a cam for you, to the spec you want. They will also make cam followers for you.

They are highly recommended by alot of rally boys
I ain't getting in no plane!
iety2004
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Return to Engine & Gearbox