Prozac's Chevini

Like Neily's Alloys? Think its about time that Dave started the resto on his Saloon? Tell them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Prozac's Chevini

Postby Mantadoc » 29 Dec 2007, 11:33

Love the Gemini front end, but then I would as I'm a Kadett fan.

Have you thought about giving it the "Angry Eyes" bonnet mod? Looks pretty good if you have the square style head lights.
Mantadoc
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby V8-CHEVETTE » 29 Dec 2007, 11:40

Welcome to the forum.

Excellent work there!!!!!

Different approach with the Gemini front end but looks like you've got it spot on!! :D
I'll finish it one day!
http://www.hotrodgazette.com/
V8-CHEVETTE
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Gordo » 29 Dec 2007, 12:15

There are a few people doing this conversion, down here - personally I prefer the original Chevette front end - but he's certainly doing a sweet job on it!

Just got to get a twin cam and/or turbo' in there and it'll certainly be a nice beastie for getting the girlies damp! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mmm, William Gibson fan - good choice!!!
ttfn

Gordo
Gordo
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby 1000er » 29 Dec 2007, 17:41

the chevini looks like a kadett caravan 8)

here in europa (austria and germany) there are lots of it, and less chevette estate, i think mine is the only one here...
1000er
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby V8-CHEVETTE » 29 Dec 2007, 17:51

That is gorgeous^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'll finish it one day!
http://www.hotrodgazette.com/
V8-CHEVETTE
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Doive » 29 Dec 2007, 21:36

Looking excellent mate! I'm undecided if I prefer the Chevette or the Gemini front end, I'll wait until it's finished before I make a final decision... which shouldn't be too long as you appear to be progressing nicely. Keep up the good work! 8)
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby ProZac83 » 29 Dec 2007, 21:53

Oh god that caravan is hot, thats defiantely the kind of idea i've got in mind. The gemini front end im using is the very first model, so its got the round headlights and a very funny shaped grille. I plan on the body being silver, with the highlights satin black (grille, headlight surrounds, bumpers etc...). Should look very very mean i rekon.

A twincam or some kind of turbo would be awesome, but i'll be a student again as of next year, and the gemini engine is much more attainable at the moment, hehe :).
ProZac83
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby CancerWagon » 30 Dec 2007, 08:03

Absolutely brilliant work, and I hope it turns out looking as brilliant as the kadett estate 100er posted. :D
Chris W.
Drifting in a 55 hp Diesel... what?
"Erfolg durch Qualit├Ąt."
CancerWagon
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby mikuni » 14 Jan 2008, 02:11

Loving the work you're doing on this man. I always had plans of doing this since I got my first chevette but I'm glad I never tackled it, as the work looks a little bit above my skill level.

Its going to come together so nicely. I'd like to see it stay as "original" as possible, in regards to being a gemini or kadett wagon as such. Having it like that it will be the only one in the country so that should be unique enough. I'm not much of a fan of the angry eye modification that they do on the later shaped kadets.

Deffinately looking forward to seeing this near completion. What did you have in mind for wheels, grills and lights etc?
1980 Vauxhall Chevette Estate
mikuni
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby ProZac83 » 14 Jan 2008, 07:58

You should know that your car is aa huge inspiration Mikuni :). If you've got the skills to undertake what you've done, this would be a cake-walk, trust me! :).

Wheels will be widened Rostyles, hopefully out to 9", with flared arches. It will be pretty damn low, hopefully as low as your machine, one the same style of tyres, small and stretched. Lights and grille will be original, just updated to halogen units and the plastic parts painted satin black. Bumpers will also be black. Im tossing up between silver or yellow for the body colour :).
ProZac83
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 15 Jan 2008, 02:34

ProZac83 wrote:Im tossing up between silver or yellow for the body colour :).

Jamaican yellow all the way
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Return to Members Cars Discussion