Warnzees baby blue beast

Like Neily's Alloys? Think its about time that Dave started the resto on his Saloon? Tell them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warnzees baby blue beast

Postby chevette adam » 16 Oct 2007, 09:55

It may have a few different shades of blue as you say but at least the arches aren't rusted through 8) Always wondered what Ronal Turbos would look like on a chevette, now I know, will look 'euro' when its finished I recon. Nice to see another southwester to bounce ideas off :idea:
I've just finished 3 years at exeter doing 3D design and didn't realise how many chevettes there were at the time in the area. I recon we should all meet up :?:

So are you running chopped standard or uprated springs? Was thinking of doing this when I do the 2.3 car but will see how it sits first.

Love the colour by the way looks to be the same as my saloon. I'd lend a hand if I didn't sink half a tank of fuel going to exeter!! :lol:
theres only one thing better than a chevette - and thats THREE chevette's
chevette adam
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby CR500Dom » 27 Oct 2007, 13:36

Looks great on Ronals :wink: :D
CR500Dom
Upsetter of "The Purists"

Postby CR500Dom » 01 Nov 2007, 19:47

Just seen that the Ronals Foul..... does that mean you are getting rid of them when the cups are done ?

I`d be interested if you are :D
CR500Dom

Postby coggers » 02 Nov 2007, 19:25

shame you've had problems with the Ronals , they look really good. Never thought about them for a Chevette before ..
coggers
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Gordo » 03 Nov 2007, 08:30

I assume it's rubbing on full droop - have you considered if short front dampers would hold the suspension up enough to offer clearance and/or some spacers for the front?
Be a shame if those cool wheels couldn't be used.
BTW, love the baby blueish colour - you should keep it as it looks so innocent ... :twisted:
ttfn

Gordo
Gordo
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Gordo » 31 Dec 2007, 05:02

Great to see it's ready for the road - looks like a real sleeper with the slightly mis-matched paint and oversized wheels.
I was interested to see the gear lever lines up with the stock position, which gearbox/bellhousing are you using and is the engine set right back, close to the firewall/bulkhead?
ttfn

Gordo
Gordo
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby warnzee » 31 Dec 2007, 12:05

Gordo wrote:I was interested to see the gear lever lines up with the stock position, which gearbox/bellhousing are you using and is the engine set right back, close to the firewall/bulkhead?

Its not the original position, the centre console is sat back into the car by a couple of inches - but you cant really tell. What we did was cut the top of the tunnel where the original hole for the gearlever is, with a slight offset, we then turned it around, and welded it back in place. 8)
Its a Manta 1800 5-speed and the engine is pretty tight to the bulkhead. We had to dress the lip on the bulkhead back a bit, and got rid of the original heater box which stuck out a bit too far.
C20XE power.
warnzee
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 04 Jan 2008, 17:03

warnzee wrote:im nursing a serious case of man flu

'tis a very bad illness indeed, i'm suffering with a touch of it myself at the moment and suddenly feel the urge to lie down...nothing to do with it being my turn to cook tea :shock: :)
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby stark » 15 May 2008, 23:07

Really liked the Ronal's too - what size were they?
stark
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby warnzee » 19 May 2008, 22:04

stark wrote:Really liked the Ronal's too - what size were they?

Ronals were 7x15s, same as the grey TSWs, but the Ronals were ET38 IIRC. Pretty sure you can get them with lower offsets though. The TSWs are ET19 so are quite close to the arches with the Manta A axle.

Kinda wish i hadnt sold the Ronals now, looks really cool in that pic :( Should have got some longer studs and some spacers and made it work.
C20XE power.
warnzee
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Return to Members Cars Discussion