Kevin Dog Norman's collection

Like Neily's Alloys? Think its about time that Dave started the resto on his Saloon? Tell them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin Dog Norman's collection

Postby Shoveitpusher » 21 Jan 2007, 07:46

that's quite a collection of cars there.

why are you going to sprint a rally car? stages are much better value for money - sculthorpe is 6 stages totalling some 65 miles, even longmore was i think 40 miles. bite the bullet and bring it out stage rallying.

the spec is almost identicle to mine, it'll be interesting to see how it goes when it's finished.

are you in a local motor club?
Peter C
Shoveitpusher
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

my motors

Postby kevin dog norman » 21 Jan 2007, 10:10

hi pete :)

i used to go and watch the sprinting over at wearthersfield and northweald and there was a white 2.3 shuvit and he used to whip alot of car (tvr's etc) and i used to think one day............ :wink:

i am based in chelmsford essex but i am not a member of there motor club, i did go with a friend of mine to there meet in the red lion pub and i did help him out on a road rally.

i was taken out in a lower spec 2.3 about 150hp (i was looking to buy the car for parts and it was still a runner but the body was shot) the owner took me out for a drive and sh*t did that thing fly. :shock:

so i am hoping that my car with 180bhp should be even better :twisted: :twisted:

is your motor had any more done to it ? any more pictures ?

thanks
kevin
kevin dog norman
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Postby Shoveitpusher » 21 Jan 2007, 14:23

haven't asked about mine as yet, been in germany for a start. must chase it up though since we are in New Zealand the month before Sculthorpe.

i did a stage rally at Weathersfield and watched a sprint at Northweald. i did a sprint at Hethel when i worked there, it was ok and a good day out but at £75 for 4 runs of about a mile not really my thing.

it's worth joining CMC if you want to compete, there is a fair bit of knowledge there both on general preparation and chevettes in particular, craig Marvin ran a road rally version and Geoff Lobb had a grp 4 chevette hsr i believe (he has a grp 1 kadette gte now though i hear it is for sale)

there are also some non license events we run that would be fun in the chevette. see the post on Doms kadette.
Peter C
Shoveitpusher
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Return to Members Cars Discussion