Daishag

Like Neily's Alloys? Think its about time that Dave started the resto on his Saloon? Tell them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Daishag

Postby Shellysowner » 24 Nov 2006, 10:05

UpNorth wrote:Nice selection - is that an HSR or a modded hatch - I only ask because I'm going to see one shortly? (a couple of years later and I still miss my HS)

Mind you, after looking into the engine bay of the Carlton I'd be frightened to use it - any untoward noises & bankruptcy could follow :lol:
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby Doive » 24 Nov 2006, 10:09

Ooooh, a Lotus Carlton - sweet! 8)
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby CancerWagon » 25 Nov 2006, 01:06

Lovin' the lighting on the HSR. 8)

Cheers!
Chris W.
Drifting in a 55 hp Diesel... what?
"Erfolg durch Qualität."
CancerWagon
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Daishag » 09 Dec 2006, 19:38

AHHHHHHHHH

Firstly the Carlton is a replica due to the point someone mentioned i looked into owning and running a geniune one a while back, you can buy a really decent good condition one for around £15K but if any thing went wrong it would bankrupt me fixing it !!!!!!! Thus i went for the next best thing a replica based on a GSi3000 24v Manual they have a little over 200bhp as std and this ones modified and they have LSD's as std, and the exhaust note is very deep so it fools a lot of people into thinking its a geniune one, so happy days !!!!!!

The Chevette is a Geniune HS and i have done some digging into her history and it turns out she was modified to HSR Spec by Bill Blydenstien shortly after the Shepworth operations shut, thus she is as good as an original HSR. She has a geniune kit inc roof lip spoiler and one piece rear arch and side skirt assy's. And also has the 5 link road going HSR axle set up on her. She has a lot of mods inc engine up-grade's inc twin 48's, 4 into 1 manifold, Rose Jointed Short Shift, Full Cage, and the list goes on. She is actually up for sale and a deposit has been taken on her from a guy in Scotland so it may not be here for much longer.

But that may give me the time and money to finish my other Chevette off !!!!!

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07835971713
If aint sideways you are'nt trying hard enough.
Daishag
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby UpNorth » 10 Dec 2006, 10:28

Well done my man.

Out of interest - where did you get your short shift kit or was it on the car when you got it? (I was recently reminded just how sh1t the standard shift is!)
Anyone have a 6R4 for sale? Unfortunately I've only got £1K spare but I could throw in a few eggs to sweeten the deal!
UpNorth
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Daishag » 10 Dec 2006, 20:27

All the mods were on the car when i bought her, all i have done is added the 6 Lucas 20 20 spot lights like the old works cars, and also had the door DTV / Griffin Decals made and fitted to her.

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07835971713
If aint sideways you are'nt trying hard enough.
Daishag
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Return to Members Cars Discussion