Mikuni

Like Neily's Alloys? Think its about time that Dave started the resto on his Saloon? Tell them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mikuni

Postby Shellysowner » 28 Sep 2006, 13:02

Lovely estate you've got there, looks very straight indeed - you guys don't know how lucky you are in NZ, seems you can't move without tripping over an estate or Chevanne. I fully intend to come over there and get one myself one of these days :D

And no slagging off the 1256 - it does a job afterall and its a surprisingly torquey little beast!
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
<s>1980 Chevette L Estate</s>
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Re: Mikuni

Postby sexychevette » 28 Sep 2006, 13:35

Shellysowner wrote:its a surprisingly torquey little beast!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
haha thats the first complement i've ever heard about a 1256!
Cant wait until mines siting in the garden :P
Chevettes are the Mantis
sexychevette
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Neilyman » 28 Sep 2006, 13:40

sexychevette wrote:
Shellysowner wrote:its a surprisingly torquey little beast!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
haha thats the first complement i've ever heard about a 1256!
Cant wait until mines siting in the garden :P

That`s because you don`t know how to make `em `go` :lol:
Neilyman
Admin and dirty rotten egg!
Admin and dirty rotten egg!

Postby Shellysowner » 28 Sep 2006, 22:39

shuvit-tim wrote:do you have any idea how long i searched for one of those starter motors....... :x :evil: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Doive wrote:I remember last summer being in another Chevette with a quite mad driver, and we were drifting round A class roads at 65mph with the tail sliding progressively on the corners. It was fantastic.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby mikuni » 29 Sep 2006, 00:07

Neilyman wrote:That`s because you don`t know how to make `em `go` :lol:

Yeah, I know how to make 'em go...straight to the tip.. and in their place fit a nice XE :P

Nah they are fun little motors I must admit. My Estate has only done 106,000kms, so the motor is still ticking along nicely.

I'm not quite sure where you got the impression that they are easy to find though. They aren't in any way. I have owned 4 of the 7 that I have EVER seen.

Are there other NZ blokes on here with Estates or Wagons?
1980 Vauxhall Chevette Estate
mikuni
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Shellysowner » 29 Sep 2006, 00:29

It's just that Torton has provided numerous links to estates on Trademe.nz in the past and generally seems to be of the opinion that estates are fairly common over your way, or at least thats the impression I get.

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby mikuni » 29 Sep 2006, 01:45

Oh I see. I only know of the yellow one that was on trademe for ages.

Ahwell, perhaps they are just getting rarer then.
mikuni
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Tortron » 29 Sep 2006, 04:01

kiwis are taking over, should organise our own national and out do the poms
This text comfirms the fact that directly above this is a line
"as you would expect on a car of this age..."
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 29 Sep 2006, 09:12

POMS!!

Apparently you can't call us Poms and we cant call you Kiwi's. :roll: Its now classed as racist in this ridiculous politically correct world we live in.. :evil: :evil:

So, yes it would be nice to know the KIWI's are doing a national too.
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby Tortron » 29 Sep 2006, 10:20

thats probably the crappest thing i have ever heard
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby sexychevette » 30 Sep 2006, 00:35

What's racist about Kiwi? :lol:

Yeah *beep* man. We gota organise something aye. Maybe get in touch with the Vauxhall club to boost our numbers? or maybe a holden club... my mate said that a few gem's turned up at the peterbrock cruise.

*beep* spaming this thread :oops:

Mikuni, your matt black wagon was awesome. Why didn't you persevere with it? Too big of a project?
Chevettes are the Mantis
sexychevette
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Shuvit-pinto » 30 Sep 2006, 18:16

Hey, I am not going to bow down to this politicaly correct bo**ox. So you are all Kiwis, we are all Poms and as for the Taffs and the Jocks...........
Shuvit-pinto
Forum Parts Squirrel
Forum Parts Squirrel

Postby Doive » 30 Sep 2006, 19:43

Don't forget us Paddys... or the Geordies, Makkems, Scousers, Mancs, Weegies, Brummies...
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Shellysowner » 30 Sep 2006, 21:33

What's a Weegie?

1980 Chevette L Hatch
Shellysowner

Postby Doive » 30 Sep 2006, 22:06

Weegie (n): A person from Glasgow or it's outlying districts (apart from Milngavie); A Glaswegian.

I once heard Data from Star Trek being described as a 'greetin faced poof frae Milngavie' (pronounced Mulgaye), which amused me no end.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Tortron » 01 Oct 2006, 00:48

yea make it a T-series world car meet, ie chevettes, kaddets, geminis
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby mikuni » 03 Oct 2006, 01:30

Yeap. Back on topic! Haha... I would be keen for a meet, but there will probably only be about 3 or us there :P

And I'm not keen to get the Vauxhall Owners Club in on it. I emailed several times asking for membership and also if they knew of any chevettes around and the just ignored me.

On top of that, most of those clubs don't really like the fact that we are modifying their cars away from original.

And to the question about the gemini, I have my vauxhall going finally so I'm keen to just spend any spare money on it. Rather than trying to keep a gem going aswell. It was all good tho, just not as clean as my chevette.
mikuni
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Tortron » 03 Oct 2006, 06:05

yea i did the same, no reply.

"On top of that, most of those clubs don't really like the fact that we are modifying their cars away from original."

ha fully me, purist as. want to find some door cards so i can go to having just the 1 speaker in the dash, dirty am as well
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby sexychevette » 03 Oct 2006, 07:20

Tortron wrote:yea i did the same, no reply.

"On top of that, most of those clubs don't really like the fact that we are modifying their cars away from original."

ha fully me, purist as. want to find some door cards so i can go to having just the 1 speaker in the dash, dirty am as well

Aye? whats the point of that. Original cars are for museums and photographs!

Oh yeah and mikuni i ment your black CHEVETTE wagon, not the gem.
Chevettes are the Mantis
sexychevette
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby mikuni » 03 Oct 2006, 09:09

Oooooh. Yeah it was awesome :( Sadly it had just gotten to big of a job for me and I was over it completely, having not driving it in around 3 years I just had no inspiration to continue.

At the moment I can't handle a project that big. I want something thats on the road 90% of them time, not off it 100%. Maybe when I'm a little older I will do another big project and stick with it :D
mikuni
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby mikuni » 03 Oct 2006, 09:12

Oh, and to Tortron. I *almost* feel sorry for you. Haha. I know what a standard chevette is like to drive. I have mine going now, with nearly 2 grand worth of suspension and it just handles so surpurbly I can't stop driving it. I'm also saving up for a nice conversion, hopefully XE. I cannot even begin to understand the reasoning behind sticking with a bog standard original 30 year old car, however I do admire that you guys are out there doing what you love. Keep it up.
mikuni
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby 1000er » 03 Oct 2006, 21:39

mikuni wrote:Yeah, I know how to make 'em go...straight to the tip.. and in their place fit a nice XE :P

Nah they are fun little motors I must admit. My Estate has only done 106,000kms, so the motor is still ticking along nicely.

I'm not quite sure where you got the impression that they are easy to find though. They aren't in any way. I have owned 4 of the 7 that I have EVER seen.

Are there other NZ blokes on here with Estates or Wagons?

in europe chevette estates are quite rare to, mine is the only one i know in germany and austria.

i don't know how a 1256 feels, because i bought mine without the engine, but the car has only 37000km :-)
i will go for a opel CIH conversion, because i own a few CIH Kadett C , so the parts for they conversion are all in my garage :)

few month ago i postet a question in the vauxhall heritage forum, i wanted to know how many estates were built, and how many were sold to germany or austria, but i got no answer...
would be interesting to know about the number of built estates...
1000er
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Tortron » 03 Oct 2006, 23:28

if i have an original why would i go changing things, there are ways to have fun in a stock chevette :lol:
The chevette vin decoder
Tortron
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby mikuni » 04 Oct 2006, 09:25

1000er wrote:in europe chevette estates are quite rare to, mine is the only one i know in germany and austria.

i don't know how a 1256 feels, because i bought mine without the engine, but the car has only 37000km :-)
i will go for a opel CIH conversion, because i own a few CIH Kadett C , so the parts for they conversion are all in my garage :)

few month ago i postet a question in the vauxhall heritage forum, i wanted to know how many estates were built, and how many were sold to germany or austria, but i got no answer...
would be interesting to know about the number of built estates...

Yeah thats a good idea. I'd be very interested in finding out how many were built also. I like your wagon aye, I think you are building it in a similar style to what I like. Did you see the picture of my grey wagon with a black bonnet? Looks cool. You should do a black bonnet and black bolt on guards (or atleast just a black bonnet). It would go well with the nice black lip.

Is the CIH Kadett C engine the 1900 GTE motor? Is it very hard to get hold of Kadett C GTE parts over there?
mikuni
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby 1000er » 04 Oct 2006, 21:13

yes, the kadett c GT/E engine is a 1,9E or a 2,0E, depends on the year thy were built. biggest CIH is the Omega 2,4i engine.

CIH engine parts are not the problem to get, because they were fitted in almost every bigger opel of the 70's and 80's, for example in ascona, manta, rekord and so on...
special CIH Kadett C parts like axles and parts of the coupe-body are quite rare, and so mostly very expensive.

bigger problem is, that here chevette parts are almost unavailable, so i have to collect all i can get :-)
1000er
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Next

Return to Members Cars Discussion