Burns

Like Neily's Alloys? Think its about time that Dave started the resto on his Saloon? Tell them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Burns

Postby Doive » 21 Apr 2006, 12:54

Loving those BBS rims! Looks really good. Especially loving the effect the green wheelie bin has on the front - at first I thought it was a deep chin spoiler, before realising there was something sticking out above the bonnet. Very nice car, more pics when it's done please.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby burns » 21 Apr 2006, 13:02

Cheers, they're off a golf I think, they only cost me £60 off ebay IIRC. Hopefully the rust will be sorted some ime in the summer, or I may get some fibre glass wings, not sure. Part of the problem is the paint finish is really bad. I think it's the original paint, but it's crazed in a few places and in others it's just come off and is back to a creamy kind of colour I assume is the primer :? . Note to self, don't buy cars in the dark...
burns
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Shellysowner » 21 Apr 2006, 13:08

How much was it again (if you don't mind me asking)? £350? If so then I think you got a reasonable deal - can't expect the world for that money.
Shellysowner
Neverending moaner - lack of space!

Postby burns » 21 Apr 2006, 13:31

Sadly not, add half as much again and you wouldn't be much over. I was in too much of a hurry to buy which is never a good thing. I needed a car at the time and was sick of nothing coming up in my area. Ah well.
burns
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Shellysowner » 21 Apr 2006, 14:07

You know it's funny - lots of people seem to have problems finding a decent useable classic in the Southampton area - I have a friend who's been looking at cars for 2 months now! We've been to look at a couple and while he's always champing at the bit to buy I've had the job of sitting him down in the pub and telling him what a shed they've all been... still this dry spot can't go on forever!
Shellysowner

Postby Doive » 21 Apr 2006, 14:22

Strange that - when I was down in Southampton the place seemed to be crawling with old cars. Every older car I've been looking at has been in Wiltshire/Dorset/Hampshire, in other words miles away from me!

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Re: Burns

Postby Neilyman » 21 Apr 2006, 14:56

Doive wrote:Especially loving the effect the green wheelie bin has on the front - at first I thought it was a deep chin spoiler, before realising there was something sticking out above the bonnet.

I`m glad I wasn`t the only one who thought that!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Neilyman
Admin and dirty rotten egg!
Admin and dirty rotten egg!

Postby Shellysowner » 21 Apr 2006, 15:44

Doive wrote:Strange that - when I was down in Southampton the place seemed to be crawling with old cars. Every older car I've been looking at has been in Wiltshire/Dorset/Hampshire, in other words miles away from me!

That's because you're looking at medium to large barges Dave whereas my mate wants something more in the small/medium category.
Shellysowner

Postby Doive » 21 Apr 2006, 15:51

Why pay 500 quid for a small car, when you can have 3 litres of rear wheel drive fun for the same money!

Glad someone else noticed the wheelie bin :lol:

Med Venlig Hilsen

Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Postby Shellysowner » 21 Apr 2006, 16:25

Doive wrote:Why pay 500 quid for a small car, when you can have 3 litres of rear wheel drive fun for the same money!

Well there's an arguement for both cases but since I've got one of each (small+big) I think they're both excellent way to spend your money :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shellysowner

Postby ChevetteCharlie » 24 Apr 2006, 12:06

Shellysowner wrote:You know it's funny - lots of people seem to have problems finding a decent useable classic in the Southampton area - I have a friend who's been looking at cars for 2 months now! We've been to look at a couple and while he's always champing at the bit to buy I've had the job of sitting him down in the pub and telling him what a shed they've all been... still this dry spot can't go on forever!

3 years ago I couldn't sell my Chevette for want of trying, ended up giving her away to a lad off the old forum who had about 3 different logons (remember him anyone?)
Ah well...
The reason a dog has so many friends is 'cos he wags his tail instead of his tongue
Have owned: Bright Copper Metallic, L Saloon. Glacier Blue, GLS Hatchback. Quality Street Green Triangle, GL Saloon.
ChevetteCharlie
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Postby Harry Flatters » 24 Apr 2006, 17:11

Charlie, you still got any Chevettes?

Where in Poole are you?
Harry Flatters
Photographer of the year 2006
Photographer of the year 2006

Postby ChevetteCharlie » 25 Apr 2006, 09:17

Sadly I am currently Chevetteless :( , and I'm in Parkstone near the Esso garage on Ashley Road.
The reason a dog has so many friends is 'cos he wags his tail instead of his tongue
Have owned: Bright Copper Metallic, L Saloon. Glacier Blue, GLS Hatchback. Quality Street Green Triangle, GL Saloon.
ChevetteCharlie
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Return to Members Cars Discussion