XHSowner's new car

Pics and specs of cars owned by members (if the thread isn't about your car then please do not post in it!)

Moderator: Moderators

XHSowner's new car

Postby xhsowner » 14 Feb 2007, 12:51

Hi guys ill give you all the pics spec so far ,I bought a CELICA GT4 last summer, its a late spec won december 95, came in standard as was a fresh import with 17" OZ Cronos,s,full recaro interior,59,000 miles all jap history had hybrid turbo fitted in 2005,and has a turbo timer.
I have allways wanted a rally rep so i thought this was the car to do it with,first things 1st i new someone close buy had a CASTROL FREDDY LOIX REP so that was out, so i decided on a driver i had met JUHA KANKKUNEN and base the car on its debut rally which i was at 1994 NETWORK Q RAC RALLY (sorted) First thing to sort was the body work tripod spoiler had to go,i couldnt find a early spec tailgate at the time so i did it the exspensive way( not as exspensive as it could of been if id used all new stuff from FENSPORT £1000,)So a second hand 2 post spoiler was found in brum £20,raiser blocks of ebay (new replicas)£120, i measured up the tailgate to fit the blocks as theres no front mounting hole so i drilled that my self,once the high level spoiler was fitted
i was left with 3 wholes in the tailgate and black blocks (WRC CARS WERE WHITE)a trip to the body shop was needed,they welded up wholes repainted tailgate and spoiler and blocks for £450 bearing in mind rear screen had to be removed for painting and there bonded in so that bumped up the price, this was in the shop a week. I then realized!!! side skirts S**T they were not on the WRC CAR ,so i removed these which left another 10 holes in either sill , I did these my self i used a custom made punch and knocked the wholes in slightly fitted a plastic plug into the whole then filled them over and repainted my self which looks a pucker job.
With the body work sorted i was not quiete convinced something was missing ROOF VENT obviously a works won wasnt going to be found so i got the next closest thing which from the side is nearly identical its a scooby 98-00 won and looks the part so that was reshaped slightly by me and fitted and painted (SUPER WHITE 2)At this point i also fitted a set of SPARCO mudflaps.
Wheels were next as i new i would have a fair wait for these, i didnt want 16" wheels that were used on the NETWORK Q RALLY i wanted 18,s after watching the video of the 94 network i noticed on won of the stages (won of the motoracing ciruits)KANKKUNEN was using 18,s they were SPEEDLINES but after a lot of phone calls i found out they were magnesuim AND £2500 a set!!! but only came in WRC fitmant which were 4 stud so i spoke to a m8 ive none from my RS days, who has his own race shop who i allways turn to if i need the big bits (RACETEK MOTORSPORT) he ordered me a set of 8x18" with a 35 ET offset,which look very similar to the speedlines SORTED.
Next castrol graphics was sorced with a lot of detailing needed IE graphics for the wheels and towing points etc etc These took a few weeks to arrive
Well 15th of december the GRAPHICS and the WHEELS turned up together great timing so the wheels got the detailing first
Then Graphics took 7 days to fit was fookin hard work .I used my laptop that i had 20 pics of works cars on to line up each graphic,im still waiting on a couple as the NETWORK Q logo should be white on black but thats been sorted now ,so this is what it looked like before the wheels went on.
Then then the wheels went on...
Well that was the exterior sorted,it now looks good and sounds crap I wanted a custom built system but after reserch the cheapest was £1000 cat back fook that so i bought a full mongoose,
My lovly recaros ive sold to make way for a set of COBRA MONACO,S,s
Had them trimmed in red alacantra with the driver and co drivers names embroidered into them .this is how it is at the momant still waiting fot seat harnesses and spare wheel carrier having the spare dash flocked and sparco steering wheel ,light pod has arived so sorting that out at the momant,PLANS for winter 07 is a £10k 500bhp rebuild at NORRIS DESIGHNS cant wait as she only 320 bhp at the momant
xhsowner
Novice Driver
Novice Driver

Postby Doive » 15 Feb 2007, 10:00

Doive edit: Doing a bit of tidying up, so thigs have moved strangely about

hI all sorry not been around for a bit been building up a car as a replica show car, but also to do some sprinting and hillclimbs in.....its not quiete finished yet but HSR2.6 got me interested a while back so thought id have a go.
A125 EMY - 1983 Chevette L in Mocha Brown

Med Venlig Hilsen

http://www.doive.co.uk
Doive
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin
Pyrotechnic Nutter Admin

Return to Members Cars