Whats a chevette worth???

General Chat about Chevettes?..put it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Whats a chevette worth???

Postby Goldenbrown » 11 Jan 2010, 11:10

:?: I keep looking on ebay to try and get an idea but there does not seem to be an average fair price.
My is a 1984 hatch with MOT until March, April, just over 30,000 miles, very solid save for passenger side wing and some rust to driverside rearf arch, passed MOT with no advisorys, just do not use it probably about 30 mile since MOT.
Also a few spares inc. v good drivers wing.
Please help, do i sell (if any wants one) or keep it.

Many thanks
Goldenbrown
`L` Plate Newbie
`L` Plate Newbie

Re: Whats a chevette worth???

Postby Gordo » 11 Jan 2010, 12:27

Goldenbrown wrote::?: I keep looking on ebay to try and get an idea but there does not seem to be an average fair price.
My is a 1984 hatch with MOT until March, April, just over 30,000 miles, very solid save for passenger side wing and some rust to driverside rearf arch, passed MOT with no advisorys, just do not use it probably about 30 mile since MOT.
Also a few spares inc. v good drivers wing.
Please help, do i sell (if any wants one) or keep it.

Many thanks

Either put a highish reserve on it, so it'll go to a Chevette freak rather than a drift freak OR put it somewhere dry and run it occasionally.
ttfn

Gordo
Gordo
Classic Old Timer
Classic Old Timer

Postby Herbie_Flowers » 17 Jan 2010, 23:32

2k on the scrappage scheme or if the right buyer is out there up to a grand depending on the colour/spec/condition. put it on ebay for the maximum length of time available with a disclaimer about it being advertised elsewhere and pull the auction early if you're not satisfied with the bids :wink:
Herbie_Flowers
Diehard Chevetter
Diehard Chevetter

Postby shoveitnz » 04 Feb 2010, 10:16

keep it and wait till summer- spend some nice hot days with hot cups of tea (or beer...but not hot) and tidy up the rust. Then enjoy it :D classic motoring doesnt get much cheaper then a good chevette.
NZ desperately needs more immigration and fresh blood. Our eyes are getting far too close together!

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index ... 155&page=1

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/vivaforum/v ... hp?t=10258
shoveitnz
Advanced Motorist
Advanced Motorist

Return to General Chevette Discussion