Chevette Email FAQ
On this page are the answers to the most frequently asked email questions that we get sent (actually, we just made the questions up, but hopefully the answers will help people!). You can get additional help by logging into your chevettes.com account, and clicking on the "help" button on the left hand side.
Please contact us if you have questions which are not answered here!
- Can I sign up for more than one chevettes.com email account?
- If you want - take as many as you like. We impose no limits.
- Can I check my chevettes.com email account using Outlook Express, Eudora, etc?
Sorry, no. The chevettes.com email is "web based" only, so you have to
login at http://www.chevettes.com/
whenever you want to read/post mail.
However, if you log into your chevettes.com account, then click on the "Options" button on the left, then click on "Email Notification", you can choose to have a reminder email sent to another address whenever you get any mail. This saves you checking your chevettes.com mail all the time!
- Can I use my chevettes.com account from anywhere?
- Yes. Any computer, anywhere in the world, with a web browser and an Internet connection can be used to access your mail!
- What software do I need?
- You just need a standard web browser, such as Netscape, Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla, etc. You are probably using such a program to read this page right now!
- Can I send and receive file attachments?
- How much storage space do I get for my emails?
- You'll get 25MB of space.
- Oh no! I've forgotten my password. What should I do now?
- Click here, and enter your login name, first name, and last name. You'll be prompted with the "password question" you chose when you first signed up. Simply enter your "password answer", and you'll be given a new password.
- Why are you doing this for free?
- Because we can. It costs very little to run (in fact, it's a free service offered by everyone.net), and it's good to be able to give something back to the online Chevette community!
- Will I be able to keep my email address(es) forever?
Yes, we hope so. We'll keep the email service running as long as it's
conveniently possible for us to continue to do so.
However, please remember that chevettes.com email is a free service that we provide out of goodwill, so we can't make any guarantees about the availability of the service, etc.
- When I sign up, why am I asked for personal details?
The chevettes.com email service is funded by banner adverts. The details
you are asked for help tailor the adverts to make them more interesting to
If you're bothered about giving away your personal details, simply make some up!
Comments? Suggestions? Problems? Please tell us!
[ Admin login ]